The most Popular wordpress installation Guide to get Popular is here now. Do take a complete look on it and get yourself.
WordPress is the most professional and the most customizable blogging platform. Installing WordPress will definitely help you create a great blog.
Many bloggers have questions about how to install WordPress on your own hosting server, how to setup etc. This is the complete step-by-step guide on how to setup domain name and hosting, setup MySQL and how to install WordPress 3.0 or higher on your own server.
If you are not aware of these things then take a look at our WordPress Autoinstaller tool, a special and simple Guide to WordPress Installation.
Get domain name and hosting
- First step to is to buy your domain name and hosting. I use Hostgator personally, Besides there are many other also. here’s a Quick review of all such available Hosting for WordPress.
Setup your hosting account
- This include the step to Create an account in your prescribed Hosting and paying them the amount required for registering.
Get your FTP Account Information
- When your hosting has been setup you will get an email.
- Find your “FTP Account Information” in the email
Hosting/FTP User Name: your username
Web Site URL: your domain URL
FTP Site URL: your FTP URL
Your Web Site Visitor Statistics: Your stats URL
Create MySQL database
- Login to your Hosting account
- Click on Hosting and chose My Hosting Account
- Find your domain name and click on Manage Account
- In the upper menu click on Databases and chose MySQL
- Click on Create Database
- Write description, chose username and password
- Click OK and wait until it sets your MySQL
- note it might differ from hosting to hosting.
When the MySQL has been setup, click on the pencil to “Edit/view details” and save the following details:
MySQL Database Information Status:
Setup Host Name: your host name
Database Name: database name you have chosen
Database Version: 4.1
Description: description you have chosen
User Name: username you have chosen
Downloading the files
- To install WordPress, go to WordPress.org and download the latest version
- WordPress 3.0 comes in a .zip file so unzip it
- Now you have a WordPress folder
- Find the wp-config-sample.php file and rename it to wp-config.php
Open wp-config.php in text editor (like NotePad++ or any other editor of your choice) and find this part:
// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database */
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
/** MySQL hostname */
Take your MySQL Database Information you have from your hosting and insert them in places where I have marked with bold:
- Your MySQL Database Name should replace putyourdbnamehere
- Your MySQL User Name should replace usernamehere
- Your MySQL password should replace yourpasswordhere
- Your MySQL Host Name should replace localhost
Now find following in your wp-config.php:
define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’); define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’); define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’); define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);
Visit secret key and copy details you get there and insert them instead of the above.
- Save wp-config.php
Login to your web hosting
- Get a FTP client (like FileZilla)
- Open FTP client and login to your hosting account using your FTP account information
- Place all the files from your WordPress folder onto your server
- In this example I will place all files in root directory (http://www.yourdomain.com). The directory will look something like this when the files are uploaded:
Install WordPress by going to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php
This is what you will see when you enter the address:
- Fill in your Blog Title
- Fill in Your E-mail
- Make sure your Allow my blog to appear in search engines like Google and Technorati is checked
- Click on Install WordPress
- Next screen you see should say Success! and should give you your Username and Password.
- Click on Log In.
- Now you will see your blog’s Log In page. Make sure to bookmark that URL.
- Fill in the Username and Password you have just received
- Click on Log In.
Now you will see your Dashboard where all the optimization, customization, post writing, plugin installing, comment moderating takes place.
Its done. Your wordpress has been installed successfully. Congratulations. We hope you liked this article, After installing wordpress, do take a look at the this plugin All in One SEO Pack Review for wordpress and also WordPress best Plugin for Live Statistic and Analysis. Do pour your Comments on this article.