The main way to network on Facebook is of course by creating a profile or even a group, which can be a little more professional then just a profile. However, if you really want to network and promote yourself, business or organization, then creating a Facebook Fan Page is the best way to do this.
Facebook has not only become a place for young people to connect and network, but it has also become another avenue for businesses and organizations to connect, network and promote their organization.
It can be a little difficult finding on Facebook where to begin a fan page, so you’ll have to go to the this tutorial for creating a Facebook fan page.
Along with making your fan page interactive, it’s important to give it some personality by making it look attractive. Facebook allows you to upload a logo or photo for your fan page, but that just isn’t enough. Give your page some flare.
Put a sharp graphic linking to your website or a flashy banner along the side bar that promotes a contest. Doing something like this offers fans and potential fans a reason to not only visit your fan page often, but to also visit your company’s website or blog.
- Profile info: go to your profile page by clicking on Profile in the top left-hand corner of your homepage. Next to your photo will be some tabs. Click on the one that says Info to create or change the information that appears on your Facebook page.
- Photos: Click on Photos on the page. Choose whether you want to create an album, upload a single photo, or take a photo with a webcam. Then follow instructions.
- Video: Click on it, and Video will appear as an option on the drop-down menu. Click on it, and then upload your video.
- Wall posts: if you want to post a message on someone’s wall, go to their profile page. At the top of the page, next to the profile photo, will be the words write something over a text box. Write want you want to post on their wall, and then click Share.
- Profile posts: go to your homepage, and you will see the words What’s on your mind? above a text box. Type what you want to post, and then click Share.
Before you post, think about what you would like to share. Do you have a special photo that you would like people to see, or maybe an entire collection of photos? If you are posting thoughts or personal information, think about how you would like to word your writing.
Remember that once you have posted something, it is possible that anyone might see it in the future. While you can delete postings on Facebook, nothing placed on the Internet is guaranteed to never be seen again.
Share your opinions about this article in the comment box, also subscribe to our latest RSS feeds.