Broken links frustrate readers and make Google think you are a bad blogger. You will want to eliminate broken links from your blog, and keep them at bay.
Broken Link Checker is a WordPress plugin which automatically checks all the post and pages for errors in links and images. It will auto notify about the errors at the WordPress Dashboard.
This plugin checks for the errors within defined interval of time(you can change the time interval from the plugin options)
Sometime we have errors in the links because of change in url locations and sometimes referring links in the posts floats “404 errors”. We also have possibilities that Wikipedia images used in our posts may be deleted, linking sites in the posts may expire or may stop working.
All these errors comes under observations when you have an eye over the response of all the urls associated with your blogs. It is quite impossible to check all the links manually if you have more than 1000 posts in your blogs.
It includes some of the following features too:
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
Cool features. Isn’t it? We are sure you liked it. Have you ever used this plugin? Try out now. Do share your experience here. Do share your comments. Subscribe us to our latest Email Subscription.