Meta tags are HTML tags that provide additional information about your blog that is unseen by visitors but available to search engines. The meta description tag, for example, provides a short summary of the page content.
The keyword meta tags show the keywords and keyword phrases a visitor might use to find your blog. Google search engine is very helpful for Blogger Users.
If you are yet to add meta tags or you have added meta tags already make sure you read and follow the methods contained in this article to get the best results.
Follow these steps to add meta tag to your Blogger Blog:
1. Login to Blogger Account.
2. Navigate to Design –> Edit HTML
3. Back up your template as a precaution by downloading full template.
4. Check the Expand Widget Templates box
5. Find these lines which will be near the top of your template:
<b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/>
6. Paste the following code immediately below
<b:if cond='data:blog.url == data:blog.homepageUrl'>
<meta content='Place your blog description here' name='description'/>
<meta content='Place your blog keywords here(separated by commas)'
7. Enter your blog description between the single quote marks under description. The Blogger description should be Maximum 150 characters.
8. Enter the keywords of your blog between the single quote marks under keywords. Ensure you separate each keyword or keyword phrase by a comma. Make sure your keywords do not exceed 200 characters.
9. Click on the Save Template button.
10. You must also read How to Get Search Engine optimization(SEO) for Blogger Blog
Enjoy Blogging now. Do comment on this article about the coolest Meta tag insertion. Subscribe us to our latest Email news Letter for more latest updates.